MarysBooks

Mary's Books

Aunt Dimity: Vampire Hunter
Nancy Atherton
Antiques Fate (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery)
Barbara Allan
Parrots Prove Deadly: A Pru Marlowe Mystery
Clea Simon
Playing with Fire
J.J. Cook
Run Silent, Run Deep
Edward L. Beach
A Wrench in the Works (Fixer-upper Mystery)
Kate Carlisle
Churchill's Secret Agent: A Novel Based on a True Story
Linda Ciampoli, Max Ciampoli
Crowned and Moldering
Kate Carlisle

Murder Wears Mittens

Murder Wears Mittens - Sally Goldenbaum

I read some of the other books from this series years ago and just came back with this book and it took me a while to get back to familiar with the series to be able to follow the story. Part of the problem was Hannah Swenson (found in the Murder She Baked series). Also, the story is based around knitters (see Maggie Sefton and Betty Hechtman that I have been reading recently). I think I will need to read the older books and then reread this book.

This book starts with a young boy using someone else's washer and dryer to wash and dry his sister's uniform so that she can wear it to school. The woman whose load he hijacked finds the uniform and knows exactly where she goes to school and goes to the priest to find out who they are so she can return the uniform. This puts things in motion, the missing mother, found injured and with amnesia, the woman she went to visit, dead. As the women work to find out who would murder the older woman, they learn some things about the woman and the little family.

Once, I got past the confusion it was a good story and I wanted to find out who did it and why.