MarysBooks

We'll Always Have Parrots
Donna Andrews

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain

I read this book so many times....in high school, in college, just for fun as an adult and with my kids when it was assigned to them. Recently, I was wanting something fun and different to read and I re-read it again. It amazes me how much I noticed in this reading that I didn't see all the previous times. Tom and the other boys' preoccupation with witches and spells to remove warts and how much better read the boys were in the 1800s. It still is funny that his aunt doses him with medicine that she finds and he hates. Also how much imagination boys have and their running around and getting into so much trouble. I still enjoy this story and wish my kids would read it again and see what is different for them from when they first read it and now.