MarysBooks

We'll Always Have Parrots
Donna Andrews

On What Grounds

On What Grounds - Cleo Coyle

Book #1 of the Coffeehouse Mysteries.

This is the book where we meet Clare and her ex-husband, Matt, her mother-in-law, Madame, and her daughter, Joy. Annabelle works at the coffeehouse and has been put into a position of trust. She is allowed to close the coffeehouse and open, while Clare finishes moving from NJ. When Clare arrives the next day at the Coffeehouse, she finds the place locked up tight and then finds Annabelle lying at the bottom of some stairs, gravely injured. Clare does not feel that this was an accident, she feels that Annabelle was attacked. As we listened to the story in the car, the girls and I were trying to figure out who could have logically attacked Annabelle. I have come to really enjoy the audiobooks as I can listen while I knit and drive and put away laundry and this becomes a great way to get my kids involved in doing something other than screens (TVs, computers, etc).

The story was interesting, but I have been reading the books out of order, as I am able to obtain them, and so while it makes following a little more difficult, it is not too bad.