MarysBooks

Nancy CoCo
We'll Always Have Parrots
Donna Andrews

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows

I had found the movie version of this book and loved it. Then I found out, there is a book! I then began the process of borrowing the book from the library. Now, I have a tablet and a Kindle. I found out that if you borrow a bunch of books and then turn off your Kindle's wifi you can keep the books until you are able to read them (what can I say, I borrow more books than I have time to read at times), so I had to download to the tablet. Now it takes some time for the tablet to open the app for reading and so it took me a long time to read the story. Then I would read where and when I could with the tablet. I loved this story. A story of perseverance, of love and of man's ability to be good even in the midst of evil. Such a great story. I eventually bought the book and I know that I will be reading it again.