MarysBooks

Donna Andrews

Americanos, Apple Pies and Art Thieves

by Harper Lin

#5 Cape Bay Cafe Mysteries

Thanksgiving is coming and Fran is having people over to celebrate. One night, she and Matt go to a museum and see an art show that features a pretty famous artist. While they are there, she sees a painting that is so emotional for her that she wants to keep going to see it, but it is stolen from the museum by someone. She feels that she needs to help find the painting and starts asking questions. Suddenly she is getting death threats and damage to her place of business and someone is breaking into her home. She works to find out who is doing this to her and why.

The story was very good. I know how hard it can be to lose someone close to holidays and then trying to make your way on that holiday, so this story spoke to me. Last Christmas, we made fruitcake for the first time since my mom got ill and then died.