MarysBooks

We'll Always Have Parrots
Donna Andrews

Neverending Story

The Neverending Story - Roswitha Quadflieg, Michael Ende, Ralph Manheim

This also is being used for the Book Bingo. Another genre that is not among my favorites. This is the story of a young man (pre-teen) who is being bullied at school. He hides in a bookstore and when the owner turns his back, he takes the book that the owner said he was too young to read. He hides up in the attic of the school, skipping school and reading the book. He is then transported into the story and becomes the hero of the story.

I have to admit, that I have also never watched the movie they made from this story and the story was good as it helped a young man to become able to stand up to bullies, but it still did not fit into my favorite genre.