MarysBooks

Mary's Books

Aunt Dimity: Vampire Hunter
Nancy Atherton
Antiques Fate (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery)
Barbara Allan
Parrots Prove Deadly: A Pru Marlowe Mystery
Clea Simon
Playing with Fire
J.J. Cook
Run Silent, Run Deep
Edward L. Beach
A Wrench in the Works (Fixer-upper Mystery)
Kate Carlisle
Churchill's Secret Agent: A Novel Based on a True Story
Linda Ciampoli, Max Ciampoli
Crowned and Moldering
Kate Carlisle

Children of the Storm

Children of the Storm - Elizabeth Peters

#15 Amelia Peabody

Ramses, Nefertet, David and Lia are all grown up, married and with children of their own. When the families are together in Cairo for Christmas and to work the Princess tomb that is shared with Cyrus and his step-son, Bertie. They start having trouble almost immediately. Starting with a man who is thought to have injured a young man named Justin. Ramses jumps to the teen's rescue. As things go along the whole family seems to be attacked or brought harm. When Emerson and Nefertet are kidnapped the family figures out the truth and goes to the rescue. (Theme of these books is always someone captured, kidnapped and the family mobilizing for rescue). Who is stealing the Princess jewels and how they are going to do it is part of the trouble that the family encounters.

I do enjoy these stories and find moments that I learn something of the culture (the author is famous for her own study of Egypt). I learn something of the mythology and the practices of anthropologists prior to the more modern methods.